About / Philosophy
Paul strives to make fitness a positive experience for everyone he coaches. He sees limitations as reasons to embrace a fit lifestyle, not avoid it. He offers safe, effective training that empowers his clients to realize their fitness potential.There are several fundamental approaches to exercise that need to be applied for results. Unfortunately, many people do not incorporate these techniques into their fitness program. Paul is results-driven. He knows that foundational strength is the key to safe and effective training. He also knows that a positive experience with fitness will also bring success.
Motivated by the physical limitations of asthma, Paul has been working out consistently since the age of 14. He became a certified personal trainer in 1995. Throughout his career, he has gained experience in several aspects of the fitness industry from maintenance to management. The bulk of his experience occurred in Maryland as a member of the staff at the Wellness For Life Fitness Center in Laurel where he served as a coach and manager for the personal training staff. During his nine years at WFL, Paul developed and implemented off ice conditioning programs for hockey players, and figure skaters. He spent 5 of those years as an instructor for Les Mills Body Pump and RPM. A strong advocate of senior fitness, Paul would present monthly seminars that would link fitness to a better quality of life for those facing health issues.
• Personal Trainer: National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
• Heartsaver CPR/AED: American Heart Association
• Satin Wellness: LROME (Limited Range of Motion Exercise)
• Certified Conditioning Specialist: National Strength Professionals Association (NSPA)
• Certified Personal Trainer: American Council on Exercise (ACE)
• Healthways Silver Sneakers Instructor
• Les Mills Body Pump Instructor
• Les Mills RPM Instructor (Spinning)